Sugaring Vs. Waxing
Sugaring is an ancient Persian method of hair removal practiced throughout the east for centuries and is rapidly gaining popularity in the west. This sugar based homemade wax is 100% natural with no chemicals added. It is often a less painful process than waxing because it sticks to the hair without attaching to the skin.
Benefits of Sugar Waxing
Sugar waxing is a gentle way of removing unwanted hair from the face and body. It is also excellent for underarms and the bikini area. The benefits of sugaring include:
- Gentle on the skin- it doesn’t adhere to the skin like chemical waxes so the skin is not pulled as much but the hair is removed effectively.
- All natural & chemical free- there are no chemicals, preservatives, or other toxins used
- Water soluble- removes easily with water
- Removes dead skin cells and not live cells- because other waxes adhere to the skin, they often are harsh and will remove live skin cells as well as dead ones.
- Less chances of allergic reactions- since sugaring is gentle, there are less chances of breakouts, rashes, scabs, skin peels, skin burns, irritated skin or long-lasting reddened skin.
- Less pain- it hurts less than other waxes and is great in the more sensitive areas like the upper lip, bikini, brows and underarms
- Great for all areas of the body