Flax Seeds Organic- 3.5 oz.
- Calculated at Checkout
Also known as: Linum usitatissimum, Annual Flax, Common Flax, Ama, and Linseed Flax.
Introduction: Flax seed has become popular in the mainstream market. It can be found in a number of forms, including oils, oil capsules, whole seeds, ground seeds, and as an ingredient in breads, cereals, muffins, and breakfast bars. Since 80% of Americans may be deficient in the omega-3 essential fatty acids that flax provides, flax is one of the most important and most widely accepted of the herbal health foods.
Composition: 50-60% alpha-linolenic acid, extremely concentrated source of lignans (up to 800 times the concentration found in other foods).
Parts Used: Seed, whole or ground into a meal.
- Oil, whole seeds, ground seeds, capsules, and added liberally to breads, cereals, muffins, and breakfast bars
- Flaxseed is a basic anti-inflammatory used to relieve pain and tissue damage caused by rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, lupus, osteoporosis, irritable colon, diverticulitis, gastritis, enteritis, breast cancer, chronic constipation, and colon damage caused by laxative abuse.
- It also lowers cholesterol levels and may protect against atherosclerosis.
- Flaxseed can also be used as a poultice to draw blood to the surface to remove deep-seated inflammation, or as a moist warm compress to relieve pain or inflammation.
- The essential oils in flaxseed help promote brain health in newborns and unborn children.
Although flaxseed contains all sorts of healthy components, it owes its healthy reputation primarily to three ingredients:
- Omega-3 essential fatty acids, "good" fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75-800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber. Flaxseed contains both the soluble and insoluble types.
Because this is a natural product, results may vary. It is best to do a strand test in order to achieve desired results before coloring your hair. Please read all instructions included in the package before coloring your hair.
Approximate Quantity Needed for Your Hair Length: